The Blog

training

5 Reasons Why You Need To Invest In Social Care Training

When it comes to training your employees, many will argue it isn’t enough, with a recent survey of over 1400 people, stating that 49% didn’t feel they had enough training. It is up to you as an employer to provide this training, after all, an upskilled workforce means a more productive workforce. Therefore, here are

Continue Reading →
training

10 Things Every Participant in Training Needs to Know

Will the effective skills and training your participants are learning about in the classroom translate to what they do in the workplace? As someone who cares deeply about this question, someone who has devoted more than 40 years of her life helping people learn through training and coaching, I’m going to make two bold statements,

Continue Reading →
verbal referencing

Why Verbal Referencing in Social Care is Key to Successful Hires

Referencing in social care is not only mandatory but also very beneficial for recruitment and retention. With so many reference requests coming in daily, it is no surprise factual references are the most common reference received. Whilst these are crucial when confirming dates of employment and if someone has a disciplinary history, they don’t tell

Continue Reading →
Easter

Work Hacks – 10 Proactive Ways to Prepare for the Easter Break

Many of us are lucky enough to have a long Easter weekend, finishing work on Thursday and not returning until Tuesday. Deadlines may have been shortened to a Thursday rather than Friday and targets may be the same despite having one less day to achieve them. Many of us therefore stress trying to squeeze as much

Continue Reading →
conflict

How to Resolve the Heart of Conflict

Do you find yourself in frequent conflict with someone at work or at home? You may be surprised to discover the root cause. If the tension and differences have been going on for a while, you’ve probably made a substantial list of things about that person you’d like to change. Maybe it’s their attitude or

Continue Reading →
motorbike

It’s the Little Things That Matter in Your Next Career Move…

I bought a motorbike recently, something I’ve wanted to do for a while, in fact for about the past twenty years. Like many of my friends, my first bike was my first method of transport, that’s because I lived in a village miles away from anywhere and with a limited bus service; you couldn’t get

Continue Reading →
choice

Why it’s Good to Offer Choice

  Last week we had our monthly senior team meeting, and during the meeting the team were hard working on how they review some figures in the business. Whilst they were doing this I decided it was time to get the kettle on and offer everyone a drink. However, it took me by surprise on

Continue Reading →
interview

5 Things You Must Not Do in an Interview

There’s a variety of literature on the internet, including our turro blog section on what to do during an interview. However, things you should not do are just as important. 95% of your interview could go perfectly however if the other 5% includes any of the following, you could end up being unsuccessful. Here are

Continue Reading →
oral health

Oral Healthcare Matters and CQC…. Are You Ready?

Oral healthcare definitely matters. As people are keeping their teeth for longer the elderly are being admitted into care homes with more of their own teeth.  It is estimated today that less than 6% of the population aged 65 and above are edentulous (have no teeth) compared to 37% in 1968. Unfortunately as the population

Continue Reading →
sherlock

Why Candidates Need To Research Like Sherlock Holmes

What worse feeling is there than working hard to get an interview, arriving early and setting a good impression but then being thrown interview questions to answer without understanding the company and whether its right for you. This is why its always a good idea for any candidate who is offered an interview to do

Continue Reading →